Monday, August 12, 2013

Social Media Madness or Magnificence?

Dear fellow Style Insiders,

"Interdependence is and ought to be as much the ideal of man as self-sufficiency. Man is a social being." - Mahatma Gandhi 

Mahatma Gandhi said we were social beings, but did he mean social media beings? The last few months I have been focused on expanding Senzu's social media presence, and with the help of Marie, who wrote my guest blog a few days ago, our group of followers and fans has grown considerably. 

Being present in multiple social media outlets is a fair bit of work, and despite many apps, it is not always so integrated and automated as they may like you to believe! So where do we post and how much time does it take? Well, posting takes about an hour or so a day, not counting this blog or taking and editing the pictures. Inspiration comes and goes, so when it does, I try to sit down and write! The rest of the time, if I think of a good idea for a blog post, I note it down for future use. 

Am I being anti-social when working on social media? This blogger thinks it may be. In any case, it's a fine line. 

We've gone from 129 'likes' on Facebook, to over 440, in the span of a few months. Thank you all for your support! Onwards and upwards, as they say!

We are now also on Pinterest, where I post a lot of fashion picks (not just Senzu jewellery) and looks that I like. We also have an entertainment board, with easy recipes when you're expecting guests, and of course plenty of cocktails too! My personal favourite board though is our Entrepreneurship board, with tips and ideas for those of us who work from home or work for themselves. 

Wherever I am, I am always looking at people's fashion expressions, their 'street style', for inspiration of what to create next, and also to further develop my own personal style. Check out Senzu's page on Chicissimo to get a glimpse into my wardrobe... Some of these looks and others also make it onto our Instagram, where I share looks, social pictures and more.  

If you like to read multiple blogs, you can now also follow this one through Bloglovin.

We're also on Google+, though our account here is still in its infancy. Should we develop it further? Let me know your feedback. If there is anywhere else you think Senzu should be, please comment below!
Thanks very much for being such great supporters and see you online, everywhere ;-)  

Cristel

1 comment:

  1. interesting article Cristel!

    happy to know you have more and more fans!
    and I'm definitely one of yours!

    I would say yes, G+ has huge potential for your brand...

    xxx
    Carou LLou
    Nomad since 1994, loving people, food and Style!
    http://CarouLLou.com

    ReplyDelete